Are you beginning to think about a program for professional development for the coming year? It is often difficult to know the best course of action, what you should be looking for and planning, to ensure the best outcome for staff. This document is a really useful guide to help you ensure that the CPD you are arranging is both robust and relevant with outcomes that will benefit staff once the trainer has left the school.
The standard for professional development
- Professional development should have a focus on improving and evaluating pupil outcomes.
- Professional development should be underpinned by robust evidence and expertise.
- Professional development should include collaboration and expert challenge.
- Professional development programmes should be sustained over time. And all this is underpinned by, and requires that:
- Professional development must be prioritised by school leadership