Ten websites about selfies
In looking for supporting material for schools to help them tackle the growing issue and e-safety implications of students taking, posting and sending selfies, I was really surprised at just how much information was out there, not just about selfies, but how to take the best ones and the majority were clearly aimed at a female market!
- How to Look Good in a Selfie
- 11 Fantastic tips on taking good selfies that you will be proud of
- 15 Poses and tips for selfies
- How to take the perfect selfie – You Tube video
- How To Take Sexy Selfies (As Explained By Barbie)
- How to take good selfies, with pictures
- 8 Awesome selfie ideas to get more likes
- Creative selfie Instagram picture ideas
- Cute selfie ideas on Pinterest
- The Art Of A Great Selfie: Celebs Show You How It’s Done!!
What is even more disturbing, I feel, are the images that accompany a Google search on the term selfie. We know that young people turn to the internet and to Google if they need help, advice, tips on almost any topic, so clearly it is not difficult to see where the ideas for some of the selfies they may choose to take come from.
It isn’t enough for us to just know what a selfie is, but we really need to be aware of the huge popularity of these pictures for young people and ultimately the damage and embarrassment they may cause, especially if they follow some of these tips on offer! I will leave you to do your own Google search, it really didn’t feel appropriate for me to provide the links!